August 03, 2011

Testing the Waters

The first week Sally was scared. The second week she tried desperately to please me, and now into the third week, she's totally comfortable and starting to test my patience. Over the weekend this little turd:  developed a taste for cat shit, learned how to sneak up on the kitchen table like a ninja, eat the neighbors compost (that they  throw in an open bowl at the top of the stairs), and dive into the garbage can grabbing out whatever's on top. To Sally, "NO!" means, "I'll come back to this in 5".

I might also add that she learned all the basic commands in a week and now absolutely refuses to do any of them without treat in hand. I give the command and she looks directly to my palm before deciding what's in it for her.

This is a test of wills. Sally has no idea what she's up against; although, she's looking pretty darn cute stretched up against my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment